Monday, November 17, 2008

Speaking Korean

Everyone probably already knows that Robert's mom is Korean. She lived 28 years in Korea and came to the United States alone. She met my father in law, got married, and the rest is history. She is a very interesting person to talk to because she's been through a lot in her 60-something years. I have told her numerous times that I want her to teach my children to speak Korean. The kids haven't picked up on any of her language, however Rylan would like everyone to believe that he has! He has started saying words that are not really words and acting like he's speaking Korean. In fact, yesterday at church he told someone that he could speak "Korea". They tried to explain to him that it was Korean, but he would not agree with them. I am just so glad that he is proud of her and their heritage. The boys are 1/4 Korean and I hope that they will learn about Korea and where their granny lived almost half of her life.

No comments: