Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Scaredy-Cat

or Chicken Little! whatever you want to call me! The shoe fits, trust me!!!

Robert, Rylan, Kaden and PaPaw (Robert's dad) left Saturday morning going to North Carolina to visit Robert's grandfather. My first thought of course was Woohoo!! I'm gonna get some rest....Eat when I want to....Sleep as long as I want to....Do whatever I want, when I want!! Yea, that lasted until about 11:00 PM Saturday night. I then realized that I was petrified to stay alone!!! I had already watched one movie and another movie came on TV so I stayed up and watched it too. Finally, around 2:00 AM I decided that I had to go to sleep. So, I pushed chairs up against all 3 of my exterior doors. Then I went in my boys' room, pushed their desk against the door with a chair in front of the desk, and slept in Rylan's bed with a can of mace beside me.

Well, I woke up Sunday morning and of course, I was still alive and no one had tried to break in, so I was stoked. Then, I went back to sleep. Why can I sleep in the daytime at home alone and not at night? That night I went to dinner with Tracy H, Melissa, and Trey. Afterwards, I decided to spend the night with my granny. So, Melissa and Trey went with me to my house to get some clothes and my puppy, Bear. Bear and I proceeded to go to granny's to try to get a good night's sleep. That didn't happen. Granny lives on a busy highway and all I could hear were the cars passing by, and the occassional whine from Bear who had to sleep in the master bathroom so he wouldn't potty on granny's floor. I woke up, drove home, exhausted, and went to work!

Monday night (last night) I was in desperate need of a good night's sleep, and I mean DESPERATE! I went to Melissa's and had dinner with her and her family, watched a movie, and headed home. When I got there, I was scared to death! I put chairs in front of the doors again, locked myself in my bedroom and pushed my chest of drawers up against the door. OK, if someone wanted to break in that bad, I should just let them get me, right?! I finally called my granny at about 10:30. I was almost in tears. She said to put Bear in the bed with me and he'd bark if he heard anything. Well, this frightened me b/c all I could think of was him barking in the middle of the night and me panicking, locking myself in my closet, trying feverishly to call 911. But, I took her advice and put him in the bed with me. We talked for a few minutes, then I heard a noise, I looked for my fearless companion to see if he was going to protect me. There he laid, on the foot of my bed, flat on his back with his paws in the air, snoozing! Great! Then granny made a mistake. She offered to come stay with me and I told her to come ONLY if she felt like it! Inside I just wanted to scream, "PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!" When she got to the house I was thrilled. Now, what did I think a 79 year old woman could do if a burglar broke in? Doesn't matter. I slept like a baby!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your a mess and very funny!!!