Monday, December 29, 2008

Last Will and Testament

Many of you may not know, but my Granny found out last week that she has colon cancer. She also has some spots on her lungs, liver, and possibly on one of her kidneys. The first step is going to be to remove the diseased part of the colon, and then she will begin chemotherapy on the rest of the cancer. Well, thinking the worst, she decides that it's time to update her will. So, I have had the unpleasant experience of preparing my granny's will and trying to help her decide what she is going to do with all of her belongings at the time of her death. There are so many emotions that go along with this. It's painful to have to think about losing a loved one. She is my mother's mother, and you know February 5th, 2009 will mark the 3rd anniversary of my mother's passing. It is also painful to talk to someone about all of their worldly possessions, and their funeral arrangements, etc. More power to those people that do this for a living b/c I would just have to crawl under a rock somewhere. This is not fun at all!

No comments: