Monday, December 29, 2008

Don't Spend It All In One PLace!!

This may not interest anyone, but I've been getting a statement from Chase for a few months that states that I have a balance of <$-.01>. Yea, that's right, they owe me a penny. Well, after getting statement after statement I thought, "You know, it's very wasteful to print a statement and then put postage on it and then send our mail carrier out to my house just to let me know that you owe me a penny. And you do this month after month". So today I called. Well, the lady informed me that I am not "primary" on this account (woohoo! big deal) so she couldn't tell me anything, but if there was a balance owed to us on this account I could have Mr. Jolley call and they could send us a check! I said, "Oh! That sounds good!! So I could take that to the bank, right?!" To which she calmly replied, "Yes ma'am!!" Can you imagine that laughter at the bank when I try to put THAT in my checking account and the clerk saying, "Thank you Mrs. Jolley, you have a nice day, and try not to spend all that money in one place!!"

No comments: