Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Pumpkin Patch

Today was Kaden's field trip to the pumpkin patch. Mrs. Adair & Mrs. Debbie, Ridgecrest's most fabulous K4 teachers, arrange this annual trip for their class to Aplin Farms. I went with Rylan 2 years ago and I couldn't miss this trip with Kaden. The fun started with a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch to find your very own special pumpkin. Then you could choose a beautiful sunflower, which I brought back to my office hoping to brighten the day.
From there we went back to the starting point and ventured through the many different barns learning about corn grinding, digging for potatoes, gathering eggs, and milking a cow....................

We tried our luck at the corn maze, led by our fearless leaders, Kaden & Matt...........


which we failed miserably at.......we wound up going back out the entrance!!

Fun was had by all, and most importantly, I got to spend some time with my little boy!!!

Oh, and I don't want to forget to show you, the class picture!! This is actually 1 of 4 that I took, and this is the best of the bunch. Let me say though, on behalf of these children, by the time we took this picture they were all pretty tired, very hungry, and not to mention the sun was shining directly in their eyes. So, it's a pretty good picture, if I do say so myself.......






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot the fat lady tipping over the brench...LMAO