Thursday, October 2, 2008

Happy 5th Birthday Kaden


Our baby boy Kaden turned 5 on September 28th. We had a party for him at the lake on Ft. Rucker with lots of friends and family. We rented a pavillion and the kids played on the playground equipment, tossed a football, and played with a hoverdisc while the adults grilled hamburgers and hotdogs. After lunch we had birthday cake and opened presents. Then we hit the lake. We had two boats, two tubes, and about 10 fishing poles. We spent the day tubing and fishing. It was a blast!!! The weather was beautiful. Everyone was healthy and happy and had a great time. And did I mention that I drove a huge truck pulling the boat. What!!? So I hit a couple of curbs and one cone in the road on base, but for the most part I did pretty good. Oh, and I forgot to bring a couple of things that we needed for the day, most importantly the birthday candles! So we told Kaden that he would just have to imagine that there were candles on his cake. As we sang happy birthday he patiently waited. Then we all told him to blow out his candles. He said "I already did! I did it while y'all were singing!"

No comments: