Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Appreciation



I know it's the wrong time of year to be blogging about Valentine's Day, but I was looking through some pictures today and came acrossed this one. It brought back a good memory that brought a smile to my face. Anyone that knows Robert knows that he cannot just give you a present, there has to be some elaborate scheme. Like last Christmas he told me that he had gotten me something that I was going to love. When I opened the present, it was a stainless steel trash can. Granted, it's pretty cool, has a motion detector to open it when you get near it, but needless to say, I was a little disappointed. After everyone had finished opening their presents he proceeded to convince me to open the box and check out the new trash can. Well, inside the trash can was a Dooney & Bourke purse to match the wallet I had gotten at Mother's Day.

Anyway, back to Valentine's Day. So the night before Valentine's Robert went to the gym and got home after I had gone to sleep. I didn't hear him when he came home, but early in the morning, I'd say around 3 a.m., I got up for some reason. Well, being the OCD person that I am, I not only went to the bathroom, but I started a load of laundry! As I walked into the laundry room I saw a rose on the washing machine. I thought maybe Robert had gotten home late, was tired, and left it there by mistake. Then I went to the kitchen. There were 2 more roses, 1 on the sink and 1 on the stove. I went to the bedroom and asked him what was going on. He said, "I put roses on everything I appreciate. And there's one more." He pointed to the ironing board where there was a 4th rose. Ok, so it was funny, but the best was about 7:30 a.m. I told the boys to get in the car, we were leaving for school. As I got in the car they both handed me a rose. He had placed one in each of their seats! (Awww!) And he had placed a vase in the floor on the passenger's side, so I'd have something to put all 6 roses in when I got to work! What a great way to tell me you appreciate our perfect little boys!

No comments: