Thursday, February 5, 2009

3 Years Ago Today....

I lost my mom, my best friend! and Heaven gained an Angel! Pray for me today that I can be strong. I have a lot in life to be thankful for, and I am very thankful every day for my many blessings. This morning, as I was headed to take Kaden to school, the song "I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe was playing on the radio. My cousin Tim sang this song at my mama's funeral. I have only heard the song maybe twice since then (and I turn it without listening to it every time). So, this morning, I felt like that was her way of saying "I'm still here!" Needless to say, I can't type this without tearing up, and I can't listen to that song without crying, but I know she's in a better place. A far better place than we are in. I want to live the longest life I can, but I am so thrilled that I will be able to see my mama again one day! Praise God!

1 comment:

Donna Lewis said...

Awww, I didn't know. You need to tell me these things. I know how much you miss your mama. She is an angel now and she watches over you and the boys. I know she is so proud of you for being such a good mother. (And a good person, wife, friend, grandaughter, daughter-in-law, etc...) You are special to me!
Love you girl!
Donna